The overall aim for the Industry Waste Management Forum is to create a platform where industry and government can work together towards the implementation of the Waste Act.
The objectives of the Forum are as follows:
- To create a platform for representatives of various Industry sector to raise issues relating to industry waste management and compliance with the Waste Act.
- To share local best practice case studies with the relevant role players on industrial waste management.
- To keep industry associations updated on all current issues pertinent to industrial waste management
- To ensure collaboration amongst role-players to invest in and implement adequate infrastructure for industrial waste minimization and recycling
- To build capacity in industry, with particular attention to small, medium and micro enterprises, to respond to the challenges of waste management.
- To promote compliance with legislation